A position has become available for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, Plant Operative to join our team at our Claro Road, Harrogate site.
The successful candidate must hold licences for Loading shovel, 360 tracked excavator and a forklift licence, IOSH Managing safely and WAMITAB, or the ability to obtain certification, and have a “can-do” attitude.
A committed and flexible approach is also required.
Applicants must hold a valid UK driving license.
The successful candidate will be required, on occasion, to work at our other sites, including, but not limited to, Thirsk and Harewood Whin, York.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To carry out waste transfer operations complying with all environmental, health, safety and quality requirements.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES:
- To comply with all Health & Safety, site permits, environmental and quality requirements of the company
- Maintain all site operations, access roads and working area to the highest possible standard
- Carry out daily clean downs on plant as part of the site Fire Prevention Plan (FPP)
- The use of mobile plant equipment to carry out Transfer operations and other duties on site as per requirement
- Obtain and forward all operational information including hours and fuel to the appropriate administrator on a daily / weekly basis
- Ensure all items of mobile plant are washed, greased, fuelled and parked in the appropriate place as per agreed maintenance schedule
- Ensure all machine servicing requirements are forwarded to the appropriate personnel within appropriate timescales to allow all plant to be serviced in line with agreed servicing schedule
- Ensure maximum efficiency is obtained from all plant mobile to maximise profit and minimise costs where possible
- Ensure all contractors working on site fully comply with all Yorwaste health & Safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for safeguarding the health and safety of all personnel within their area of control
- General Housekeeping including sweeping and litter picking to keep site litter to a minimum
- Ensuring compliance with all Company Procedures/work practices as directed
Essential: Load-all licence (or the ability to obtain certificate)
Desirable: IOSH Managing safely, WAMITAB
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- Takes pride in their work
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative and work without supervision
Closing date: 29th July 2021
Yorwaste operates across more than 30 sites, including waste transfer stations, Household Waste Recycling Centres, material recycling facilities and closed landfills. Our operational staff on these sites keep waste moving, and keep Yorwaste running. We pride ourselves on providing a safe environment for our staff and visitors.
If you are passionate about teamwork, safety and waste management then we will have a role for you.
In return we can offer you:
- Comprehensive Training and Development
- Full PPE Provided
- Award-Winning Health & Safety Culture
- Clean and safe working and rest facilities
- A supportive working environment, including Employee Representatives, Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.