Here at Yorwaste we offer a range of commercial bin collections to companies and organisations across North Yorkshire and the City of York.
If you run a commercial business in York, then no doubt you’ll need a waste collection system that responds to your needs. From cardboard packaging to glass bottles or confidential waste, there’s a different need for every business and our commercial waste collection is there to solve it.
Yorwaste works with a wide range of businesses in various sectors, both public and private, including education, hospitality, industrial, leisure, retail and local government. We can also collect from multi-site locations throughout the area, offering cost-effective waste removal and business recycling solutions that meet your specific needs.
We’ll offer you a free waste audit where we’ll assess your commercial bin size requirements, the number of bins required, the number of business locations, the type of commercial waste and the number of collections needed, to ensure you have exactly the right package. Yorwaste has a waste collection strategy that will suit both your business’ budget and the environment. Put your worries to rest with our trusted waste collection, our waste management team is here to clear the way.
Types of Bins We Supply
Our bin sizes start from 240 litres and go right up to a large 1,100 litres, holding up to 18 bin bags. Thanks to the robust and eco-friendly nature of the materials used to make them, our commercial waste wheelie bins are designed to last around 10 years. Some of our bin types also come with locks for added security.
You can browse through our bin range, which shows a picture of each container, along with the sizes and dimensions. For each container, we have also indicated how many bin bags of waste can typically be put in them. A member of our team can also advise you on the most suitable container for your business.
Types of Businesses We Supply
Our services don’t stop at commercial waste collection. Yorwaste covers an array of business needs, from glass bottle recycling to confidential information shredding. We’ll turn your dry mixed waste into fresh new materials, closing the gap on waste and increasing your company’s sustainability. No matter the material, we have a service to collect, reuse and recycle as much as possible.
Types of Commercial Waste in York
With every new business comes new forms of waste and there are tonnes of different types of waste materials needed for collection in the North Yorkshire area. Yorwaste can tackle any business need, from hospitality restaurants and pubs to factory waste disposal and retail waste. From food waste and oil disposal, glass bottle recycling and dry mixed recycling to confidential information and green waste processing. We make sure every base is covered so that you can reduce, reuse, recycle or recover waste before the final step, disposal.
Commercial waste collection that helps your business
- Your business is our priority. Choose a commercial waste collection service that suits your business’ needs. From larger trolly bins to smaller bottle bins, we have a range of wheelie bins and waste carriers to fit the space you have.
- Top service from day one. Our team offer a bespoke service from the get-go. From your free commercial waste audit and quotation to the weekly or monthly collection, supported by our customer service team.
- Tailored to your needs. We’ll learn about your current waste output and tailor our service to your needs so there’s no material wasted and every inch is covered.
- Recycling where possible. We’ll ensure that your commercial waste is properly managed, recycled and even reused where possible so you can reduce your carbon footprint as a company.
- Top-rated accreditation. We have been certified to the internationally recognised Environmental and Quality standards ISO14001, ISO 45001 & 9001 for many years, and have achieved the British Safety Council 5 Stars in their Occupational Health & Safety Audit.
Eco-friendly Commercial Waste Management.
As a business owner, you know how important it is to respect the environment and provide the best possible service for your customers. By proactive recycling and waste management in your premises, you’re not only able to save money but also reduce your carbon footprint as a business.
We all have a responsibility to look after our planet and by taking these simple steps you can do your part. Not just for the planet, but as a part of your local community.
What is the Yorwaste Process?
You can save up to 20% when you recycle your company’s waste direct with Yorwaste. Get in touch with us for a free quote. We’ll offer you a free waste audit on site, discuss all waste types and give friendly advice on the day.
Once you’ve chosen your bin type and frequency, the rest is down to us! Simply load up your bins, keep an eye on them to make sure they’re not broken or vandalised, and we’ll pick up and treat your waste on a frequency designed for you.
We offer recycling services alongside general waste collections. Following the waste audit, we will recommend the best service(s) to suit your needs, but they will all be focused on recycling or recovering your waste.
Our business waste collections are done on a ‘round’ basis but when we carry out your free waste audit we will ask whether there are any time constraints around collecting your bins or if there are location restrictions, e.g. locked gates, narrow streets, access times etc. We’ll always endeavour to be as flexible as possible.
We have a location map of the areas we deliver, but generally, we collect waste throughout the City of York and North Yorkshire. If you are outside these areas, we still may be able to provide a service so please get in touch.
Where does the waste go?
Initially, your waste will be transported to a local waste transfer station. Here, recyclable waste may be separated for onward transport to reprocessors, to be made into new products. Unrecyclable waste will be bulked up for transport to the county’s Energy from Waste facility, to be used as fuel to generate electricity.
We partner with Allerton Waste Recovery Park to ensure as much non-recyclable waste as possible is turned into energy for the local North Yorkshire area. We put the waste hierarchy at the very heart of our business, and do all we can to increase waste reduction, reuse and recycling where possible.
From community initiatives, such as Reuse Santa and Get Re-Cycling, to our team of recycling experts working closely with businesses to help their overall waste management strategies and maximise their recycling efforts.
The energy from recovered waste in Yorkshire currently powers around 40,000 homes in the Yorkshire area. By incinerating non-recyclable waste, we’re able to convert rubbish into energy!
The ash that is produced during this process is also recycled to create materials for the construction industry, further closing the gap in waste production in the Yorkshire area. It’s even estimated that 2.5% of the UK’s energy is powered by recycled materials, so why not join the cause and be an advocate for environmentally friendly waste management?
How can I get a quote?
For new customers, it’s simple. Fill in one of our short enquiry forms and one of our sales representatives will be in touch to arrange your free waste audit and no-obligation quote.
For, existing customers, you can make an enquiry directly to your account manager.
Why Choose Yorwaste?
- North Yorkshire commercial waste experts. Get in touch with a local team that can quickly solve your problem and find the best solution to remove your commercial waste. Deal with a locally-based team from start to finish who knows your area!
- A tailored approach. We work with a wide range of businesses in various sectors, both public and private, including education, hospitality, industrial, leisure, retail and local government. We’ll assess your waste output to define: your bin requirements, the types of waste you produce and the frequency of bin collections necessary. This is to make sure you have the exact right package.
- Save money and time. We can also collect from multi-site locations throughout the area, offering cost-effective waste removal and business recycling solutions that meet your specific needs.
- Free same-day quotes. We understand that business owners are busy people! We won’t waste your time, or leave you waiting. Once we have all the information, we’ll get in touch with a free quote so you can make an informed decision.
- Free waste audits. We know that estimating your waste output isn’t always a straightforward process. Our free waste audits give you a full overview of how much waste you’re producing and what you can do to effectively dispose of it.
- Efficient and environmentally friendly. Our transfer facilities process hundreds of thousands of waste materials each year, ensuring that the commercial waste produced by North Yorkshire’s businesses is efficiently processed.
Trade Waste Sacks
Pre-paid trade waste sacks are great for any business that is short on space or produces small quantities of waste.
240-litre Wheelie Bin
Holds up to 5 bin bags
Capacity 52.8gal 0.24m³ Height 41.9" 106.5cm Width 22.8" 58cm Depth 28.9" 73.5cm
360-litre Wheelie Bin
Holds up to 7 bin bags
Capacity 95.1gal 0.36m³ Height 43.3″ 110cm Width 23.6″ 60cm Depth 34.6″ 88cm
660-litre Wheelie Bin
Holds up to 12 bin bags
Capacity 146gal 0.66m³ Height 47.75″ 121.3cm Width 54″ 137.3cm Depth 30.5″ 77.6cm
1100-litre Wheelie Bin
Holds up to 18 bin bags
Capacity 242gal 1.1m³ Height 54″ 137.3cm Width 49.5″ 125.7cm Depth 42.25" 107.3cm
Rear End Loader (REL) Skip
If you need a bigger container for your waste, one of our hook-lift skips may be what you need.