Food waste can be recycled into renewable energy, adding an extra layer to the lifecycle of your restaurant waste in York.
From bistros in the bustling centre to the cosy cafes on the cobbles and homely pubs along the Ouse, the city of York and North Yorkshire proudly boasts a wide selection of eateries. With Michelin guide fine dining to family-run kitchens, there’s so much to choose from and like most of the hospitality industry, there comes a need for proper waste management.
The biggest contributor to food waste is the restaurant industry. Primarily caused by oversized portions, extensive menu offerings and inflexibility of chains, tonnes of food is wasted every year. However, there are ways to recycle food waste and the best part is, food waste can be recycled into renewable energy, adding an extra layer to the lifecycle of your restaurant waste in York.
Food waste and general disposal can often be a lot to keep on top of and with business waste mounting, it’s more and more important to implement recycling bins in your restaurant.
Yorwaste collects a wide range of materials and looks for ways to reduce, reuse, recycle or recover, before general disposal. From kerbside recycling to skip hires and recycling centres across Yorkshire, whether it’s your daily waste output or a front-of-house refurbishment, we’ve got you covered. We only offer top-quality waste management in your area.
Types of Bins We Supply
Our bins start from the smallest 240 litres to the large 1,100 litres and are made from eco-friendly materials designed to last around 10 years. Some also come with locks for added security.
Every industry is different and at Yorwaste it’s our work to tailor the waste management and recycling services to suit your specific needs. Speak about your needs with our friendly team when we carry out your free waste audit.
Types of Businesses We Supply
From hospitality restaurants, cafes and pubs to factory waste disposal and retail waste recycling. We’ll turn your dry mixed waste into fresh new materials, closing the gap in the waste economy and increasing your company’s sustainability.
Yorwaste sees waste as a resource, with a value within the circular economy. We aim to maximise that value which could lead to a rebate on your waste management costs. To mitigate the load, our services cover a vast array of business needs, from glass bottle recycling to confidential information shredding.
No matter the material, we have a service to collect, recycle or reuse as much as possible to keep Yorkshire and the city of York as sustainable as possible.
Food waste collection that helps your business
- Your business is our priority. Choose a food waste collection service that suits your business needs. From larger trolly bins to smaller sizes, we have a range of waste management bins to fit the space you have and the needs of your business.
- Top service from day one. Our team offer a bespoke service from the get-go, from your free food waste audit and quotation to weekly or monthly collection, with support from our customer service team.
- Tailored to your needs. We’ll learn about your current waste output, including food, glass and general waste, and tailor our service to your needs so there’s nothing wasted.
- Recycling where possible. We’ll ensure that your general waste is properly managed, recycled and even reused where possible so you can reduce the carbon footprint of your company.
What is the Yorwaste Process?
Our dedicated team will work with you to find innovative ways to reduce food waste, save your business money and increase recycling levels, so you’ll always be compliant.
You can save up to 20% when you recycle your company’s waste direct with Yorwaste. Get in touch with us for a free quote. We’ll offer you a free waste audit on site, discuss all waste types and give friendly advice on the day.
Once you’ve chosen your bin size and frequency, the rest is down to us! Simply load up your bins, keep a good eye on them to make sure they’re not broken or vandalised, and we’ll pick up waste on a frequency designed for you.
Yorwaste is committed to sustainability and is 100% compliant with all local and national regulations. Additionally, we also provide you with a monthly management report that will keep you informed of our sustainable disposal services.
Where does it go?
The food waste we collect from your premises is taken to an anaerobic digestion plant in Yorkshire for conversion into renewable energy. Processing solid waste into fuel releases less carbon dioxide and methane into the air than decaying waste in landfill sites. Energy from Waste (EfW) plants also create less air pollution than coal plants.
So, by choosing Yorwaste waste and recycling company, not only will you receive a high quality, value-for-money service, but you will also be making a major contribution to protecting the environment.
Why Choose Yorwaste?
- North Yorkshire restaurant waste experts. Get in touch with our local team to quickly find the best solution to remove your food, glass and restaurant waste. Deal with a locally-based team from start to finish who knows your area!
- A tailored approach. We work with a wide range of businesses in various sectors, both public and private, including education, hospitality, industrial, leisure, retail and local government. We assess your bin size requirements, the type of waste and the number of bin collections needed, to ensure you have exactly the right package.
- Save money and time. We can also collect from multi-site locations throughout the area, offering a cost-effective business waste removal and recycling solution.
- Free same-day quotes. We understand that restaurant owners are busy people! Once we have all the information we need from you, we’ll get in touch with a free quote, so you can make an informed decision.
- Free waste audits. We know that estimating your waste output isn’t always a straightforward process. Our free waste audits give you a full overview of how much waste you’re producing and what you can do to effectively dispose of it.
- Efficient and environmentally friendly. Our transfer facilities process hundreds of thousands of tonnes of waste materials each year, ensuring that the waste produced by North Yorkshire’s businesses is efficiently processed.