Yorwaste sees waste as a resource, with a value within the circular economy. We aim to maximise that value which could lead to a reduction in your waste management costs.
Our food waste service is available across the City of York and North Yorkshire, offering businesses a cost-effective opportunity to divert significant amounts of waste from landfill, therefore having a positive impact on the environment.
Food waste is produced by a number of different sectors, but all of which can implement recycling bins to ensure those lunchtime scraps are recycled into renewable energy for the local community.
This goes for pubs, restaurants, cafes and office canteens too. There are numerous ways you can save food from reaching food waste recycling bins before their time. From implementing first-in, first-out stock rotation in your kitchens, to offering customers a choice of portion size based on how hungry they are!
But for the scraps that slip through these practices, there’s a food waste recycling system right around the corner with Yorwaste. We offer a free waste audit, where we’ll assess your business’ food waste output and then define a suitable collection strategy, including bin size and frequency.
We’ll create a solution best suited to your business needs, helping increase your carbon footprint by recycling as much food waste as possible. Let Yorwaste guide you in protecting the environment with our smart solutions and food waste management know-how.
Types of Bins We Supply
Our bin sizes commonly start from 240 litres and go right up to a large 1,100 litres. All of these are made from robust and eco-friendly materials, designed to last around 10 years. Some of our bins also come with locks for added security.
No matter your output, we have a food waste solution for you. Since every business is different, it’s best to know what types of bins we supply that suit your specific needs. Talk about your needs with our friendly team when we carry out your free waste audit.
Types of Food Waste We Recycle
The types of materials we will accept are primarily unpackaged cooked and raw foods. These include sandwiches, fruit and vegetable peelings, meat, fish and bread. In addition, we can also accept category three animal by-products intended for human or animal consumption, such as eggshells, hides and carcasses.
The waste we collect from your premises is taken to an anaerobic digestion plant in Yorkshire for conversion into renewable energy with the residual solids recycled into fertiliser. By choosing Yorwaste waste and recycling company, not only will you receive a high quality, value-for-money service, but you will also be making a major contribution to protecting the environment.
Types of Businesses We Supply
From hospitality restaurants, cafes and pubs to factory waste disposal and retail waste recycling. No matter the material, we have a service to collect, dispose and recycle as much as possible to keep Yorkshire and the city of York as sustainable as possible.
We’re not just food waste experts. Our services cover a vast array of business needs, from glass bottle recycling to confidential information shredding. We’ll turn your dry mixed waste into fresh new materials, closing the gap in the waste economy and increasing your company’s sustainability.
Food waste collection that helps your business
- Your business is our priority. Choose a food waste collection service that suits your business needs. From larger trolly bins to smaller sizes, we have a range of waste management bins to fit the space you have and the needs of your business.
- Top service from day one. Our team offer a bespoke service from the get-go, from your free food waste audit and quotation to weekly or monthly collection, supported by our customer service team.
- Tailored to your needs. We’ll learn about your current food waste output and tailor our service to your needs so there’s nothing wasted.
- Recycling where possible. We’ll ensure that your general waste is properly managed, recycled and even reused where possible so you can reduce the carbon footprint of your company.
What is the Yorwaste Process?
Our dedicated team will work with you to find innovative ways to reduce food waste, save your business money and increase recycling levels, so you’ll always be compliant.
You can save up to 20% when you recycle your company’s waste direct with Yorwaste. Get in touch with us for a free quote. We’ll offer you a free waste audit on site, discuss all waste types and give friendly advice on the day.
Once you’ve chosen your bin size and frequency, the rest is down to us! Simply load up your bins, keep a good eye on them to make sure they’re not broken or vandalised, and we’ll pick up and treat your food waste on a frequency designed for you.
Yorwaste is committed to sustainability and is 100% compliant with all local and national regulations. Additionally, we can also provide you with a monthly management report that will keep you informed of our sustainable disposal services.
Where does the waste go?
The food waste we collect from your premises is taken to an anaerobic digestion plant in Yorkshire for conversion into renewable energy. Processing solid waste into fuel releases less carbon dioxide and methane into the air than decaying waste in landfill sites. Energy from Waste (EfW) plants also create less air pollution than coal plants.
By choosing Yorwaste waste and recycling company, not only will you receive a high quality, value-for-money service, but you will also be making a major contribution to protecting the environment.
Why Choose Yorwaste?
- North Yorkshire food waste experts. Get in touch with a local team that can quickly solve your problem and find the best solution to remove your food waste. Deal with a locally-based team from start to finish who knows your area!
- A tailored approach. We work with a wide range of businesses in various sectors, both public and private, including education, hospitality, industrial, leisure, retail and local government. We assess your bin size requirements, the type of waste and the number of bin collections needed, to ensure you have exactly the right package.
- Save money and time. We can also collect from multi-site locations throughout the area, offering a cost-effective waste removal and business recycling solution.
- Free same-day quotes. We understand that business owners are busy people! Once we have all the information we need from you, we’ll get in touch with a free quote, so you can make an informed decision.
- Free waste audits. We know that estimating your waste output isn’t always a straightforward process. Our free waste audits give you a full overview of how much waste you’re producing and what you can do to effectively dispose of it.
- Efficient and environmentally friendly. Our transfer facilities process hundreds of thousands of tonnes of waste materials each year, ensuring that the waste produced by North Yorkshire’s businesses is efficiently processed.