Responsible for facilities and maintenance support for a diverse asset portfolio, across 22 HWRC’s and 8 large waste transfer facilities, reporting directly to the Principal Asset Manager. Dedicated point of contact for all site managers and supervisors covering all our sites across North Yorkshire. Delivery of a comprehensive support service to ensure compliance with a variety of standards both legislative and organisational. Delivery of a high service level to all internal customers.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES:
The post holder will be the key point of contact for all contracts relating to the management of the business facilities and maintenance and servicing of mobile and fixed plant machinery.
Reacting to facility issues or repair requests and raising work requests.
Ensure the maintenance of accurate plant records, information and reporting systems, including use of our Asset Management Software System.
Development of Asset Management Software system to facilitate process and business improvements.
Organisation and scheduling of maintenance work across the business, including liaising directly with contractors to book and schedule repair and maintenance activities.
Aid cost effective delivery of a planned preventative and reactive maintenance service.
Seek and demonstrate best value for all maintenance activities.
Raising of purchase orders for all work and dealing with invoice queries within role scope.
Management of all contractors involved in FM and plant maintenance to maintain the highest standards of HSE performance.
Ensure that all contractors provide all relevant paperwork for work they are undertaking i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
Ensure that central contractor information database is kept up to date.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, including the ability to produce analytical reports.
- Self-motivated; confident & energetic
- Flexible – able to adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Goal-oriented – able to focus on meeting all performance targets
- A strong communicator – good presentation skills and possess strong verbal & written communication skills (English & local language)
- Technical Diploma or relevant certifications.
- IOSH Managing safely
- Previous experience within Facilities Management.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- General knowledge of health and safety and how it applies to the activities of both employees and the management of contractors, including LOLER, PUWER, CDM, COSHH.
- Experience of the waste industry
- Experience of Asset Management or Facilities Management software systems.
For further information and an informal discussion about this position please contact Chris Tomlinson, Principal Asset Manager on 07540000815.
Closing date: 26th March 2021
Our business support roles are the heart of Yorwaste. These include HR, Finance, IT, Risk, Customer Services and Sales & Marketing.
In return we can offer you:
- Comprehensive Training and Development
- Full PPE Provided
- Award-Winning Health & Safety Culture
- Clean and safe working and rest facilities
- A supportive working environment, including Employee Representatives, Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.