We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, administrator to join the Corporate Services team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Services, the successful candidate will primarily support the Commodity Manager and Contract Support Technician in a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Checking site transport requirements.
- Chasing missing transport loads with suppliers.
- Developing tender documents.
- Uploading documents onto the procurement portal.
- Assisting with tender evaluations.
- Preparation of post-procurement documents.
- Maintenance of contracts and Duty of Care registers.
- Raising and managing purchase orders in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Running reports, and collating and forwarding information as required.
The successful candidate must be IT proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide safe, effective and efficient administrative support to the Corporate Services Team.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES
To comply with all Health & Safety, site permits, environmental and quality requirements of the company.
Provide admin support for the Head of Corporate Services and the wider team.
Provide support to the Commodity Manager with the commodity trading to include, checking site transport requirements, chasing missing transport loads with suppliers, managing paperwork.
Provide support to the Contract Support Technician. To include development of tender documents, loading this onto the procurement portal, assist with tender evaluations and preparation of post-procurement documents and maintenance of contracts register.
Raise and manage purchase orders in line with company policies and procedures.
Running of reports from multiple systems and analysing the data to ensure accuracy.
Ensure all appropriate information is collated and forwarded, enabling appropriate KPI’s to be constructed and maintained on an agreed timescale to record and assess all operations information including tonnage and costs.
Ensure all weekly and monthly financial information is made available and is accurate and on time.
Support the Commodities Manager with compost sales process.
Maintain a Duty of Care register.
Assist the admin team to become multi-functional, in order to provide adequate cover for holidays and sickness.
Any other ad-hoc duties as requested.
CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: The post holder will have regular contact with employees at all levels across the business. The contact will be in both formal and informal situations. The post holder will need to develop key relationships with senior managers and all other employees in the business on compliance, training, policies, programmes and projects.
External: The post holder will have regular contact with contractors, regulatory authorities and specialists to support the operational functions and deliver the requirements of the company.
- Business Admin or equivalent qualification or experience would be advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, experience of Sage.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work within a team and create a strong team work ethic.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & BEHAVIOURS
- Full driving license, and / or ability to travel required
- Takes pride in their work
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail
Closing date: 25th October 2021
Our business support roles are the heart of Yorwaste. These include HR, Finance, IT, Risk, Customer Services and Sales & Marketing.
We can offer you:
- Comprehensive Training and Development
- Full PPE Provided
- Award-Winning Health & Safety Culture
- Clean and safe working and rest facilities
- A supportive working environment, including Employee Representatives, Mental Health Advocates and an Employee Assistance Programme.